CLEAR BAG POLICY
Below are some frequently asked questions and answers to help patrons prepare for the upcoming changes.
What’s allowed into the Heartland Events Center – Grand Island?
Answer: Clear, uncolored plastic tote-bags will be permitted, or guest may use a one-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc or similar). Additionally, guests may also bring clutch-sized wallets, not exceeding 4.5 inches tall by 6.5 inches long, after proper security screening for arena events. Only one bag is allowed per ticket holder.
What is not allowed inside the Heartland Events Center?
Answer: No large purses, bags, backpacks or fanny-packs will be permitted inside the venue. Staff members are not allowed to hold or store bags during an event.
Can I place my oversized purse inside my clear plastic bag and still gain entrance?
Answer: No. Everything must be easily visible within the clear plastic bag upon entering the security line.
What if I accidentally bring a bag or item that is not permitted?
Answer: In the event a patron arrives with an unapproved bag, the bag will not be allowed in to the facility.
What if I carry medical items that will not fit into a clear plastic bag?
Answer: Heartland Events Center staff-members are happy to make special accommodations for bags with medical necessity. However, each bag will need to be properly searched by security before entrance.
Does my diaper bag also need to be clear plastic?
Answer: Yes. However, the hope is that by offering admittance to larger-sized, clear tote bags that families will have minimal inconvenience. Reminder: one bag is allowed per ticket-holder.
How do I get through the security line quicker?
Answer: Arrive early. Doors for events at the Heartland Events Center typically open 60-minutes prior to an event. Lines can get bogged down with last minute arrivals, so budgeting extra time for security can help ensure patrons have plenty of time to get in and find their seats.
Where can I purchase an additional clear plastic bag with a Heartland Events Center logo?
Answer: A limited number of Heartland Events Center logoed bags will be available for purchase at the Heartland Events Center. They will also be available for sale in the Fonner Park General Offices.
Can attendees carry cameras, binoculars, smart phones or tablets separately from what they put in a clear bag?
Answer: Spectators will be able to carry in other items such as binoculars and cameras, but their cases will not be allowed. Binoculars and cameras will be screened at the security checkpoint.
Are seat cushions allowed to be carried in?
Answer: No. Due to the configuration of the Heartland Events Center, seat cushions are not a necessity.
Does this policy apply to Heartland Events Center Staff?
Answer: Working personnel, including accredited news media, will enter through designated doors where they will be subject to screening and bag inspections of the same manner.
PROHIBITED ITEMS AND BEHAVIOR:
1. Any type of weapon, fake weapon, or object resembling a weapon. This includes but is not limited to handguns, rifles, knives, straight edge razors, brass knuckles, swords, dangerous ordinance, Tasers, chains, and all other categories of weapons, whether such items are real or replica weapons. This includes permit holders possessing or carrying lawfully concealed weapons in or around the facility. Weapons cannot be checked in to Security or Guest Services.
2. Alcohol / Drugs / Illegal Substances / Vaporizing Pens / Smoking / E-cigs. The Heartland Events Center operates as a smoke free facility.
3. Professional Cameras / Cameras with Lenses greater than 3" / Detachable Lenses / Tripods / Monopods / Selfie Sticks
4. Audio Recording / Video Recording
5. Laser Pointing Devices / Glow Sticks
6. Drones in any area of the Fonner Park Campus
7. Hover Boards / Heely / Skateboards / Rollerblades
8. Noise making devices of any kind / Whistles / Air Horns
9. Beach Balls / Bubbles / Footballs / Frisbees / Balloons / Fireworks / Pyrotechnics / Confetti / Glitter / Aerosols
10. Masks should not be worn at any time inside the Heartland Events Center
11. Signs / Banners
12. Outside Food and Beverages
13. Bicycles / Helmets / Chairs
14. Abusive or Foul Language / Disruptive Language / Obscene Clothing / Indecent Clothing
15. Animals, Except Service Animals
16. Any item deemed to compromise public safety
If your conduct endangers or disrupts guests or others involved in the event, the Heartland Events Center reserves the right to remove you from the premises.
Rules & Regulations Agreement
Auxiliary vehicles, including but not limited to, golf carts, service carts, utility vehicles, Cushmans, and other four-wheeled vehicles (individually an “AV,” collectively, “AVs”) are included within the scope of this Motorized Vehicle Rules & Regulations Agreement (this “Agreement”). All AVs used in connection with activities and events at the Fonner Park Campus are required to have a Fonner Park issued operation permit while on the Fonner Park grounds, parking lots, and campground. Permits are required during move-in, event period, and move-out. Permits are only issued for AVs that serve to advance the operation of the event in process or that provide a service to Fonner Park vendors, exhibitors, administration staff, etc. Permits are issued at the Fonner Park General Office. Permits are issued at the discretion of Fonner Park and Double Locked Security.
“It is the intent of this company to provide a safe workplace for everyone. Accident and injury prevention is an important part of our job. Working together, we can achieve our safety goals. Safe working practices are important. Safety is everyone’s responsibility. It is the policy of this company to protect our employees, patrons, equipment, facilities, and grounds. Employees and vendors operating AVs must be authorized to drive the vehicle, and constantly be aware of others when driving on the Fonner Park grounds.”
By signing below, the undersigned permit owner agrees to the following:
1. AVs without a permit will not be allowed on Fonner Park grounds at any time.
2. High-powered motorized sports vehicles and AVs more than 52” wide are not permitted. This Agreement authorizes the undersigned to operate only the AV identified at top of this Agreement. Privately owned AVs are subject to inspection and approval of Fonner Park or Double Locked Security prior to use on the Fonner Park grounds.
3. All AV drivers must be a minimum of 16 years of age and have a valid driver’s license issued by the applicable state agency. An identification card is not considered a valid form of I.D. A copy of the driver’s license must be on file with this signed Agreement. Any and all unauthorized or unapproved drivers will be the sole liability of the AV owner(s).
4. AVs are not permitted on city streets. However, all drivers of AVs shall observe all Nebraska motor vehicle traffic laws while driving an AV (e.g. stopping at stop signs, yielding to pedestrians, refraining from using cell phones or texting while driving). AVs may only be driven between dawn and dusk if equipped with headlights and brake lights in operating condition. AV drivers will yield to pedestrians and animals, and use safe speeds at ALL times, especially in areas of high traffic. An AV should be operated at a speed equivalent to a well-paced walk, but no faster than 15 mph.
5. AVs are not permitted inside any Fonner Park buildings or barns, at any time.
6. In accordance with Nebraska motor vehicle traffic laws, the consumption of, or driving under the influence of any alcohol, narcotic drug or any illegal substance while operating an AV on Fonner Park grounds is illegal. Any violations will result in the automatic revocation of your AV permit.
7. The number of passengers and load capacity of an AV shall not exceed the manufacturer’s rated limit and all passengers must be transported in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations. Passengers must be seated while operating the AV. Infants and children are not allowed on the driver’s lap and are not allowed to steer the AV. Passengers are not allowed to ride in the box of the AV.
8. AV keys are not to be left in unattended AVs. Drivers must keep their AV keys with them at all times.
9. In the event any term of this Agreement is violated, Fonner Park may do any one or more of the following:
- Fonner Park and Double Locked Security each have the authority to revoke an AV permit at their sole discretion.
- Fonner Park and Double Locked Security each have the authority to impound any AVs issued by the Fonner Park and Double Locked Security, at their sole discretion.
- Fonner Park and Double Locked Security each have the authority to require any privately owned AVs to be removed from the Fonner Park grounds, at their sole discretion.
- A first time violator of any of the terms of this Agreement may receive a warning if the circumstances warrant, at the sole discretion of Fonner Park and Double Locked Security . In such event, a second violation will result in the automatic and immediate revocation of the driver’s AV permit and the AV will be impounded, if such AV was issued by Fonner Park and Double Locked Security. Privately owned AVs will be required to be removed from the Fonner Park grounds.
- Reckless driving, negligent driving or any other driving that may impair or be harmful to the safety of visitors, participants, vendors, exhibitors, or others present at Fonner Park (each of the foregoing as determined by Fonner Park and Double Locked Security in their sole discretion), shall result in the automatic revocation of a driver’s AV permit and the AV will be impounded, if such AV was issued by the Fonner Park and Double Locked Security . Privately owned AVs will be required to be removed from the Fonner Park grounds.
- Permits are issued at the discretion of Fonner Park and Double Locked Security. Fonner Park and Double Locked Security reserve the right to revoke permits and remove AVs from Fonner Park grounds, at any time and for any reason.
Vendor/Attendee/Company: I hereby certify that I have read and agree to the above Fonner Park Motorized Vehicle Rules & Regulations and have provided a copy of all relevant valid driver’s license(s).
________________________________________ ________ ______________________________________
Printed Name Birth Date Phone Number
Address (Street, City, ZIP)
ADDITIONAL DRIVERS: I hereby certify that I am responsible for the following drivers and that they each meet aforementioned rules and requirements applicable to myself and that I will be held responsible for their actions.
Printed Name Birth Date
Printed Name Birth Date
Printed Name Birth Date
Printed Name Birth Date
Americans with Disabilities Act
a) The Facility is a public Facility and is subject to Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). The facility is accessible to disabled patrons, as required by the ADA and applicable regulations.
b) The Licensee is responsible for making aisles, exhibits, displays, meetings, etc., accessible to qualified individuals with a disability attending the event with respect to setup, location of exhibits on the exhibit floor, paths of travel, and other aspects of the event within the Licensee or one of the Licensee's exhibitors' control.
c) The Licensee must include a notice in the Licensee's event advertising, and/or publicity releases, stating that disabled patrons should notify the Licensee and Heartland Events Center at least one week prior to the Licensee's event should a reasonable accommodation be needed.
d) Heartland Events Center will use its best efforts to assist the Licensee in identifying local providers of temporary auxiliary aids and services, although the Licensee will remain ultimately responsible for identifying and contracting with such providers.
e) If the Licensee fails to arrange for a reasonably requested temporary auxiliary aid or service, Heartland Events Center management shall have the right, but not the obligation, to provide or arrange for such temporary auxiliary aid or service and the Licensee must reimburse Heartland Events Center the cost of providing and arranging for such temporary auxiliary aid or service as determined by Heartland Events Center.
a) All equipment shall be transported utilizing the freight elevator (carts, pallets, etc.). Freight elevators are to be operated by Heartland Events Center Staff.
b) Under no circumstances are public passenger elevators to be used for transporting equipment or exhibit materials.
In order to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone who utilizes the Heartland Events Center, please take note of the following rules, policies and guidelines:
No alcoholic beverages may be brought into the Heartland Events Center at any time. Alcoholic beverages will be sold at concessions during most events. This applies to alcohol purchased on the Fonner Park side of the business, as well, due to the Heartland Events Center operating under a separate liquor license. No alcoholic beverages may be consumed in the parking lot.
With the exception of service animals and animals that are a part of an exhibit or show, animals or pets are not permitted in the Heartland Events Center and Fonner Park facilities. Please do not leave animals unattended in or tied to your vehicle. For their safety, animals may be removed from the premises by animal control officers and impounded.
The Heartland Events Center is equipped with an ATM serviced by Home Federal Bank. The ATM is located in the main lobby of the Heartland Events Center.
Audio & Video Devices:
As a general rule, audio and video devices of any kind are not permitted inside the Heartland Events Center for any concerts. If a guest brings an audio or video device to an event, the guest will be asked to return that item to his or her vehicle or it will be disposed of properly. Audio and video devices for other events are subject to change on an event-by-event basis.
The Heartland Events Center security reserves the right to body and/or bag searches, pat-downs, and metal detection wanding as determined appropriate on an event-by-event basis.
Please allow yourself ample time when you attend an event or show.
Food & Beverage:
The Heartland Events Center has exclusivity over all food and beverages served and consumed throughout the facility. The tenant, exhibitors, or their representatives may not sell food or beverage items at any time without the permission of event center management. Patrons may not bring food and beverages onto the premises of the Heartland Events Center at any time. The Heartland Events Center reserves the right to utilize reasonable available space for the sale of concession items on the floor of the facility. All food, beverage, and concessions are operated and controlled by the in-house catering and concessionaire(s). The in-house concessionaire service will determine the number of stands required to properly serve the public. All arrangements for serving food and beverages and sale of concessions should be made through the Heartland Events Center.
Guest Conduct Rules:
The Heartland Events Center strives to provide its guests with a safe, comfortable and enjoyable atmosphere. The Events Center has established the following guidelines:
- Guests interfering with other guests’ ability to enjoy the events may be subjected to removal.
- Guests using foul or abusive language or inappropriate or unacceptable gestures may be removed from the Events Center.
- Guests appearing impaired may be removed from the Events Center and may be turned over to the authorities. The house reserves the right to discontinue selling alcohol to a patron that exhibits impaired behaviors.
Items Not Permitted in the Building:
Animals (except certified service dogs)
Beach balls and other inflatable devices
Bota bags or wineskins
Bullhorns or noisemakers
Fireworks, firearms, or other weapons
Glass bottles or aluminum cans
Ice chests (coolers) or thermos containers
Outside food or beverage (including alcohol)
Skateboard or roller blades
Sticks or clubs (including signs attached to sticks)
Stools or folding chairs
Video cameras or recording devices (may vary by event)
Water bottles or mugs
Event staff personnel reserve the right to reject items coming into the facility that do not appear on the list above. Patrons with prohibited articles will be turned away at the entrances. No storage or “check area” is provided for such items. Enforcement will be without exceptions.
Distribution of any printed materials or selling of any items is prohibited on the Fonner Park grounds, including the parking lots, walkways, and inside the Heartland Events Center unless permission from Heartland Events Center management has been granted.
Lost & Found:
Lost and found items are located in the Fonner Park / Heartland Events Center General Office. Please call 308-382-4515 for more information on claiming lost and found items.
Guests are not allowed to exit the building and return during the course of a single ticketed event in the Heartland Events Center. Specific events may allow an exception to the policy and allow guests to exit and re-enter the facility. In this type of situation, guests will be required to obtain a hand stamp prior to exiting the facility.
Re-Selling of Tickets:
Re-selling of tickets by private parties is prohibited on the Heartland Events Center property.
Selling of Illegal Merchandise:
Selling of illegal merchandise (merchandise not sold under the approval of Heartland Events Center management) is prohibited on the Heartland Events Center property as well as by law.
Fonner Park and the Heartland Events Center are smoke-free facilities. Smoking, including electronic cigarettes, is not permitted inside the Fonner Park facilities or the Heartland Events Center or within 20 feet of the facilities. Any person who refuses to comply with the policy shall be subject to ejection from the facilities. Designated outdoor smoking areas are available.
Parking Lot Guidelines
- Parking is on a first-come, first-serve basis in designated lots.
- Tailgating is not permitted in all Fonner Park controlled parking lots.
- Holding or saving parking spaces is not permitted.
- Drive lanes in the parking lots must be kept clear at all times.
- ADA parking is available in all Fonner Park controlled parking lots.
- Staking of tents is NOT permitted in the parking lots or lawn areas of the parking lots. Tents may be anchored with weights.
- Consumption of alcohol or open containers of alcohol is prohibited.
- Commercial advertising banners or signs are prohibited.
- Distribution of promotional items or other forms of solicitation is not permitted.
- Any equipment (chairs, tents, etc.) left overnight will be disposed of.
- Personal golf carts, segways, skateboards, scooters, hoverboards, and drones are not allowed in Fonner Park controlled parking lots (unless pre-approved by Fonner Park management).
Heartland Events Center reserves the right to revoke any parking of those who do not comply with any parking guidelines.